Portal for


    At certain points the administration for students with an exam contract differs from that of other students. What is important?

    Apply as a student with exam contract


    • A secondary education diploma is required for admission for an exam contract.
    • The application for registration under an exam contract with an intention to obtain credits for courses must be submitted to the faculty secretariat:

      • For the courses of the first semester and the year, by the last working day before 15 October

      • For the courses of the second semester, courses by the last working day before 15 February

    Step 1 - Submit the form "Enrolment with an exam contract"

    In order to follow a course/courses with an exam contract, you always need prior permission from the faculty which offers the course(s). For the permission, you need to fill out the form called "enrolment with an exam contract". After filling out this form, submit it for approval of the faculty's study program counselor.

    • If you want to follow courses from different faculties, you must have the form signed by each faculty.

    Step 2 - Online application

    As soon as permission to follow the course is granted, you can start with submitting your online application.

    • On the ‘program selection’ page, under 'choice of programme', tick the box 'show the complete list of VUB courses. I am registering based on my file'.

    If you have been admitted to an exam contract with an intention to:

    • To get a diploma, sign up for the program for which you wish to graduate.
    • To obtain credits, sign up for a credit contract:

    Step 3 - Contact the Education and Student Administration

    In both of the above cases, please contact the Education and Student Administration by e-mail to complete your contract type (from credit contract to exam contract or from diploma contract to exam contract) after completing your application.

    Step 4 - Sign the online contract

    When permission to enrol is granted, you will receive an e-mail with a link to the Student SelfService in order to sign your enrolment contract. Signing this contract means you agree to and comply with the terms and conditions of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel.

    No transcript of records

    If you are enrolled in an exam contract, you will not receive a transcript of records after the proclamation. You can only view your points in the Students SelfService.

    Re-enrolment: ask again and apply for admission each year

    Re-enrolling for an exam contract is not possible. For an exam contract, you must re-apply for each academic year. Once you have the admission, you can apply for a new exam contract via Student SelfService.

    General questions

    Student Information Hub

    Problems with your enrolment, studentcard, certificates or invoice

    Education and Student Administration