Portal for

    Student administration for students with a credit contract

    Some things are different when you enrol using a credit contract. What are the most important things?

    Apply and enrol


    • A secondary education diploma is required for admission for a credit contract
    • You need to request permission from the faculty that offers the course(s) of your choice
      • first semester or year courses: last work day before 15 October
      • Second semester courses: last work day before 15 February

    1. Form 'Enrolment with a credit contract'

    You must print out the form 'Enrolment with a credit contract' and have it signed by the faculty's learning path counselor. This form will have to be uploaded into your online application.

    Note: if the courses you wish to follow belong to several faculties, you will have to print out the form for each of those faculties. Each form must be signed by the learning path counselor of the corresponding faculty.

    2. Online application

    As soon as permission to follow the course is granted, you can start with submitting your online application.

    On the ‘program selection’ page, under 'choice of programme' tick the box 'show the complete list of VUB courses, I am registering based on my file'.

    At ‘training level’, ‘programme’ and ‘course plan' you should choose for ‘credit contract’.

    At the page 'document checklist' you will be asked to upload several documents including 'creditcontract': this is the signed form 'Enrolment with a credit contract'. 

    After this step, there is a enrollment survey.

    After that, you can formally submit your application by clicking the icon for submitting your application.

    No transcript of records

    If you are enrolled with a credit contract you will not receive a transcript of records. You can only look up your grades in the Studens Selfservice.


    Re-enrolling for a credit contract is not possible. The contract is to be applied for each year.

    You can do this via the online application. Log in with your NetID and have the signed credit contract form ready for upload.

    Problems with your enrolment, studentcard, certificate or invoice

    Education and Student Administration